THE BSE IS MORE THAN AN ENGINEERING DEGREE
Earning a BSE means gaining hands-on experience through Integrative Design Studios, working on real-world problems related to a speciﬁc Focus Area and shaping your degree based on your interests.
The BSE integrates…
- The strength of a Mines technical degree with coursework in the fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering
- Education in design, innovation, humanities and social sciences
- A Focus Area that allows students to pursue depth of study in an area of personal and career interest
- A set of unique education experiences built into six Integrative Design Studios, culminating in the Capstone Design@Mines Studio.
BSE FOCUS AREAS
ADDRESSING WORLD-WIDE CHALLENGES
• Energy Studies
• Water Security
• Community Development
FINDING INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
• Robotics and Automation
• Music, Audio Engineering & Recording Arts
• Corporate Sustainability
INDIVIDUALIZED FOCUS AREA
- Customize a course of study to pursue personal interests and passions
The combination of targeted studies in the Focus Areas, skills taught in the Integrative Design Studios, plus multi-disciplinary engineering core and electives result in a unique undergraduate experience.
INTEGRATIVE DESIGN STUDIOS
Students apply their core studies to multi-year, hands-on project/problem/place-based learning (PBL).
The BSE is organized to drive innovative solutions to world-wide challenges, while teaching how to best apply smart engineering solutions.
A human-centered perspective that incorporates social, political, environmental and economic context in making comprehensive engineering decisions and meaningful designs.
LIFE AFTER MINES
Graduating with a BSE means you are technically skilled, able to collaborate, innovate and lead. BSE students are the ideal candidates for*:
- Technology and Product-Based Industries (Apple, Microsoft, 3M, Tesla)
- Government Agencies (FDA, State Department, DOE, CDC)
- Law and Financial Firms (JP Morgan, Kilpatrick Townsend)
- Medical Careers
- Engineering Consulting and Design Companies
*Referenced companies, agencies and entities do not imply a review or endorsement of this degree program.